When using bookmarks in Confluence, you will find it useful to put a bookmark icon on your browser toolbar. Read an overview of adding the icon to your toolbar.
This page tells you how to add the Confluence bookmark link to your 'Links' folder within your browser's 'Favorites'. This will ensure that the link and its icon appear on the 'Links' toolbar. We are using Internet Explorer 7 as an example browser
To add the bookmarks link to your Links folder,
- First make sure that your browser's 'Links' toolbar is showing: In IE7, click 'Tools' in the browser menu bar, then select 'Toolbars' and put a check mark next to 'Links'.
- Go to 'Browse Space' for any Confluence space and click the 'Bookmarks' tab.
- The 'Space Bookmarks' screen will appear. Right-click the 'Bookmark in Confluence' link on the right of the screen, and select 'Add to Favorites...'.
- If the browser gives a security warning and asks if you want to continue, click 'Yes'.
- The 'Add a Favorite' window appears. Edit the 'Name' to something like 'Bookmark in Confluence'.
- Select 'Links' from the 'Create in' dropdown list.
- Click the 'Add' button.
- The bookmark icon appears in your browser's 'Links' toolbar:
You can change the bookmark name from 'Bookmark in Confluence' to something else, if you want to. Just use your browser's own functions for editing/organising bookmarks and bookmark properties.
Screenshot : Showing the Links toolbar in IE7
Screenshot : Adding the link to Favorites Links in IE7
Take me back to Wikis Help Guide