The Edit in Word Link Macro allows you to display an 'Edit in Word' icon on the page, like the following image:
When a user clicks the icon, Confluence will start the 'Edit in Word' feature of the Office Connector. This will launch Microsoft Word as an editor for the page content.
The edit in Word link macro was created specifically for use with the Adaptavist Theme Builder. You may find the macro useful for themes which do not supply the 'Edit in Word' option in the Confluence 'Tools' menu.
The edit in Word link macro is just one way that Confluence can interact with Microsoft Office documents. For an overview of all Office Connector features, please refer to Working with the Office Connector.
On this page:
Usage with the Macro Browser
To insert the edit in Word link macro into a page using the Macro Browser,
- Open the Confluence page or blog post that you want to edit, then click the 'Edit' button.
- Click the Macro Browser icon on the toolbar. The macro browser window will open.
- Scroll through the list of macros to find the one you want. Alternatively, start typing the macro name into the search box at the top right of the macro browser. Macros with a matching name will appear in the main pane.
- Click the desired macro.
- Set the macro parameters to your requirements. If desired, you can preview these changes by clicking 'Refresh'.
- Click 'Insert' to add the macro onto the page.
You can also insert macros via autocomplete. For more information, see Using Autocomplete in the Rich Text Editor.
Once you've found the edit in Word link macro, click 'insert' to add it to your page.
Usage with the Wiki Markup Editor
What you need to type
What you will get
When your page is in view mode, it will show an icon like the one displayed above. When a user clicks the icon, Confluence will call the Office Connector to allow the page to be edited in the user's Office application. For more information, see Editing a Confluence Page in an Office Application.
This macro accepts no parameters.
Problems? Please refer to our guide to the Office Connector limitations and known issues.
- Editing a Confluence Page in an Office Application
- View File Macro
- Working with the Office Connector
- Working with Macros
Take me back to the Wikis Help Guide.