Your user profile contains basic information about you. If you do not have a personal space, your user profile will be displayed when anyone clicks your name in the People Directory.
To edit your user profile,
Go to the 'Profile' view for your user profile. To do this:
- Log in to Confluence, if you have not already done so.
- Go to your name at the top of the page. (This is the 'User' menu. A dropdown list will appear when your cursor hovers over the 'User' menu.)
- Select 'Profile' from the dropdown list. The 'Profile' view will open.
- On your Profile view, click 'Edit' in the Personal details section.
- Enter details about yourself in the form displayed.
- Full Name - enter your name as you would like it to appear in your profile.
- Email - specify your email address which will be used to send you mail notifications.
- Phone - enter your phone number.
- IM - enter your Instant Messenger (IM) details.
To suit a variety of IM applications, this option accepts any 'string' value. For example, you can enter IM details in the form of an email address, such as 'email@example.com' or a user ID, like '123456789'.
- Website - enter your website's URL.
- Position - enter the title of your position within your organisation.
- Department - enter the name of your department within your organisation.
- Location - enter the name of your location. This could be anything from a town or city to a region or country.
- About me - Enter information about yourself that other users can view (such as your professional information, hobbies, and other interests). You can use Confluence markup in this field.
Note that your Username cannot be changed.
- Click 'Save' to record your changes.
Screenshot: Edit profile
Confluence administrators can configure Confluence to mask email addresses (e.g. 'example at atlassian dot com'), protecting your email address from search engine spiders and the like.
Viewing User Profile
Choosing a Profile Picture
Setting up your Personal Space
Email Address Privacy
Take me back to the Wikis Help Guide.