This page explains how you can export individual Confluence pages, entire spaces or selections of pages into a single PDF file.
Exporting Single Pages
You can export a Confluence page to PDF. This option exports a single page and is available to all users who have permission to view the page:
- Go to a page in the space, open the 'Tools' menu and select 'Export to PDF'. Follow the prompts to export the page.
Exporting Multiple Pages or the Entire Space
Using Confluence's space export functionality, you can convert multiple pages or an entire space to PDF.
To export a space or selected pages to PDF:
Go to a page in the space, open the 'Browse' menu and select 'Advanced'.
- Click 'PDF Export' in the left-hand panel.
This option will only be visible if you have the 'Export Space' permission.
- Select the pages you want to export by ticking the check boxes next to each page.
- You have the option to 'Select All' or 'Deselect All' pages.
- When you select a page, all its child pages will also be selected. Similarly, when you deselect a page all its child pages will also be deselected.
- Click 'Export'.
- When the export process has finished, download and save the PDF file as prompted.
Screenshot above: Selecting pages to export
Customising the Appearance of PDF Exports
You can add a title page, a table of contents and customised headers and footers to the PDF output. For more advanced customisations, you can apply Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) modifications. These customisations are specific to each space. You need the 'Space Administrator' permission to be able to apply these customisations. For more information, see Editing the PDF Stylesheet.
- Only image attachments that have been inserted into a page are included when exporting to PDF.
- To export a PDF containing international text, you need to install a Unicode font in Confluence.
- Blog posts are not included within the PDF export. If you like, you can vote for this feature request: CONF-5599.
- If you have 'Space Administrator' permissions, the link to customise the PDF Stylesheet is provided at the top of the page tree, as shown in the screenshot above.
- Confluence's PDF Export feature is designed to handle a wide variety of content. However, on rare occasions the PDF Export process may fail due to an unrecognised customisation. If that happens the PDF export screen will indicate the title of the page in which the problem occurred, to help you diagnose the cause of the failure.
Take me back to the Wikis Help Guide.