The people directory displays a list of people who use your Confluence site.
The people directory includes anybody who has logged into Confluence or who has had a user account created for them in Confluence. The people directory does not include users who can log into Confluence via external user management if they have never yet logged in.
Viewing the People Directory
Choose one of these ways to access the people directory in Confluence:
- Go to the dashboard and click the 'People Directory' link.
- Alternatively, from most areas of Confluence, open the 'Browse' menu and select 'People Directory'.
The Confluence administrator can hide the people directory. If it is hidden, you will not see the 'People Directory' link either on the dashboard or from the 'Browse' menu.
Screenshot: The people directory
Searching for People
To search for a particular person, type their first name and/or last name into the search box and click the 'Search' button.
- To search everyone who uses your Confluence site, click the 'All People' link.
- To search just those people who have set up a personal space, click the 'People with Personal Spaces' link.
Following People's Activities
Confluence's network features allow you to 'follow' (that is, keep track of) other people's activities throughout a Confluence site. For more information, please refer to Network Overview. Using the hover profile feature, the people directory is a convenient area from which you can start following other people throughout your Confluence site.
- To start following another person's activities, move your mouse over a user's name or profile picture and in their hover profile popup, click 'Follow'.
- To stop following another person's activities, move your mouse over a user's name or profile picture and in their hover profile popup, click 'Stop Following'.
Once you start following another person, their activities will start appearing in your network view.
People Directory provides hCard microformat
Take me back to the Wikis Help Guide.