You can choose to display your Confluence pages in alphabetical or manual order. This page tells you how to set the pages within a family to alphabetical order.
About the Sequential Order of Pages
Setting Page Order to Alphabetical
If the pages in a page family have been ordered manually, you can reset the page order to alphabetical as described below.
A page family is a set of pages under a single parent page. In this section, when we say 'page family' we mean the immediate children of the parent page, not including the grand-children.
The screenshot below shows a family of pages in non-alphabetical order under the parent 'Sample Page'. Notice theicon next to the parent 'Sample Page', giving you the option to order the pages alphabetically.
Screenshot above: A family of pages in non-alphabetical order with 'Sort Alphabetically' icon
To set a page family to alphabetical order:
Go to the 'Space Pages' view for the current space. To do this:
- Go to a page in the space, open the 'Browse' menu and select 'Pages'. The 'Space Pages' view will open.
- Go to the 'Tree' tab. The tree view will open, as shown in the screenshot above.
- Expand the branches of the tree to find the page family you want.
- If the page family is in non-alphabetical (manual) order, the 'Sort Alphabetically' icon will appear next to the parent page as shown in the screenshot above. Click the icon.
- The child pages will shuffle into alphabetical order and the icon will change to the 'Undo Sorting' icon
Only the immediate children of the parent page will be affected. The grand-children will not be re-ordered. (If you want to re-order the grand-children, you need to click the 'Sort Alphabetically' icon next to the parent of those pages i.e. re-ordering happens for one node at a time.)
as shown in the screenshot below.
Screenshot above: A family of pages in alphabetical order with 'Undo Sorting' icon
If you change your mind, you can click the 'Undo Sorting' iconto undo the alphabetical sort. This option is only available while you remain on the 'Tree' tab and provided that you have not performed any other action on the page family. Once you move away from this screen or do something else with the page family, such as moving children in or out of the family, the undo option is no longer available.
Take me back to Wikis Help Guide