To set up a new global space, you require 'Create Space' permission which is assigned by a Confluence administrator from the Administration Console. See Security or contact a Confluence administrator for more information.
To create a new global space:
- Click the 'Add Space' link Dashboard. located above the list of spaces on the
- The 'Create Space' screen appears, as shown below. Enter the following information about your new space:
- Space Name: Type a name for the space. Note that space names do not have to be unique.
- Space Key: Type a simple key to identify your space (A-Z, a-z, 0-9). This key is a shorthand name for the space, used when linking content between spaces, for web URLs and for reports.
For example, a 'Development Space' might have a space key of 'DEV'.
The space key must be unique within the entire Confluence site.
- Permissions: Leave the default settings or choose to allow only yourself to view or contribute content to this space.
A space administrator can change the permissions at any time after creating the space.
- Theme: Select a theme for your space.
A space administrator can change the theme later too.
- Click the 'OK' button. (It's at the bottom of the screen, not shown on the screenshot below.)
- The 'Home' page for your new space is displayed.
Note: Your home page will automatically contain any default space content as defined by your Confluence administrator.
- Click 'OK'.
Next, you can start adding pages to your space.
Screenshot above: Creating a space
Take me back to the Wikis Help Guide.