There are two places in Confluence where you can view attachment details:
- View the list of attachments in a space — this will show all files/images attached to all pages in the space.
- View the list of attachments for a specific page.
On this page:
Viewing Attachments in a Space
To view the attachments associated with a space,
Go to the 'Space Attachments' view for the current space. To do this:
- Go to a page in the space, open the 'Browse' menu and select 'Attachments'. The 'Space Attachments' view will open.
- You can choose to view only files of a particular type:
- Type the last part of the file name in the 'Filter By File Extension' text field. For example, enter 'gif' to see only image files of the GIF format.
- Click 'Go'.
Screenshot: Space Attachment Details
Viewing Attachments on a Page
To view the attachments associated with a page,
- Go to the page.
Go to the 'Attachments' view for the page. To do this:
- Go to a page in the space, open the 'Tools' menu and select 'Attachments'. The 'Attachments' view will open.
Screenshot: Page Attachment Details
In the screenshot above, Fred Ferdinando created the first version of
Example Word 2007 Doc.docx, Administrator uploaded the second version and Fred Ferdinando added the third (current) version.
The attachment views show the following fields. (The page view shows a different subset of fields from the space view.)
- Name is the name of the attached file.
- Size tells you how much space the attachment takes up. You can sort by size by clicking the column title.
- Creator is the user who attached this file. The person who uploaded each new version of a file will be acknowledged as the creator of that version. Clicking on the link takes you to their profile.
- Creation Date is the date the file was attached. You can sort by date by clicking the column title.
- Last Mod. Date is the date the file was last modified. Please refer to definition of Last Modifier for a list of actions that qualify as a modification.
- Attached To (in the space view) tells you which page contains the attachment.
- Comment (in the page view) is a short description of the attachment.
- The Properties link (in the page view) lets you edit the attachment details.
- The Remove link (in the page view) lets you delete the attachment.
- The Edit link (in the page view) only appears next to Office files and lets you edit that attachment directly from the list of attachments. See Viewing and Editing Attached Files.
- The View link (in the page view) only appears next to Office and PDF files and lets you view that attached attachment directly from the list of attachments. See Viewing and Editing Attached Files.
Viewing and Editing Attached Files
This inclusion is best inserted under the heading 'Viewing and Editing Attached Documents'.
If an attachment is an Office or PDF file, you will see a 'View' link as shown in the screen snippet below. Furthermore, if the attachment is an Office file, it will also have an 'Edit in Office' link.
Screenshot: Office and PDF file page attachments with 'View' and 'Edit in Office' links
Click the 'View' link to view the content of the Office file within Confluence.
Click the 'Edit in Office' link to edit the content of the Office file in your Office application. You must have a compatible Office application installed to do this. Refer to [Working with the Office Connector] for more information.
Attachment Information Icon
Working with Attachments
Displaying List of Attachments in a Page
Finding an Attachment
Editing Attachment Properties
Deleting an Attachment
Browsing a space
Take me back to the Wikis Help Guide.