Table of Contents:
1. Purpose – The Grants Management dashboard is intended to provide insight into grant financials. This includes any transaction that have incurred including budgets that have been received, expenses that have occurred, and encumbrances that have been committed.
2. Target Audience – Some of the pages on this dashboard are intended for principal investigators and others are intended for department administrators/fiscal officers. Below is each page and its corresponding intended audience:
|Grants Budget Detail|
|Grants by Fund|
|Grants by Org|
|Grants by PI|
|Proposals - DA|
|Proposals - PI|
|Subawards and Purchase Orders|
3. Dashboard Pages –
- PI Summary
- Expense Breakdown
- Grants Budget Detail
- Grants by Fund
- Grants by Org
- Sponsored Programs Spending
- Proposals - DA
- Proposals - PI
- Subawards and Purchase Orders
4. Training and Access – Users can gain access to this dashboard by completing the eLearning training module. For more information regarding the training module, please visit the UDW+ Finance eLearnings page.
5. Data Security –
6. User Notes – Please note that balance is defined in this dashboard as revised budget minus actuals minus encumbrances. There are a number of dashboard prompts on each page, which are intended to give users multiple options of querying the data. Users will need to be very conscious of what is selected and how the report works. For instance, if a user does not select specific funds, it will aggregate all funds together, including YTD (Year-to-Date) and ITD (Inception-to-Date) funds. This concept is true throughout the dashboard and applies to other chartfields and dimensions such as fiscal year, orgs, projects, programs and accounts.
7. Support – If you have questions about the Proposal tabs, please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs or your local Sponsored Research team as outlined below:
- Steinhardt: Contact email@example.com
- Courant: Contact your Sponsored Projects Officer
- College Of Dentistry: Contact Finance and Business Operations
If you have questions about one of the key indicators on the Proposal tabs, please contact the Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) team. If there is an issue that you would like to report or you have questions about UDW+, please contact the Decision Support Group by email at askDSG@nyu.edu or call 212-998-2900 (extension 82900).
8. Additional Resources – Training is recommended for those who are new to UDW+. To schedule a one-on-one training session, contact the Decision Support Group at 212-998-2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The NYU Business Glossary is a living document that contains commonly used NYU business terms for reference.