The UDW+ Course Evaluations Dashboard allows you to access Course Evaluations data for specific terms, classes, and instructors.
Specifically, you can access:
- Course Evaluation Survey results (relative to the user’s course & semester data access).
- Survey completion data sourced from University's SIS Albert system, where evaluations results data is stored
- Evaluation results that include student responses to:
- the 7 General Questions; and
- Evaluation question sets (as determined by individual school/department).
The Course Evaluations Dashboard is comprised of 9 distinct dashboard pages:
- General: Presents results for the 7 established General Course Evaluation questions
- School-Course & Instructor: Presents response averages and response rate distributions for each school's course and instructor-specific questions.
Second tab, 'Other Metrics' : Presents rate distribution responses for additional course and instructor specific questions.
- All Comments: Displays all open-ended school, course, and instructor comments.
- All Responses: Full listing of all responses, as filtered; all available for export.
- Stats and Comments: Presents supplementary metrics per instructor and class, including: enrollment total; number of responses; response rate; response average; median, mode & standard deviation response rates; open-ended responses.
- Averages and Comments: Presents supplementary metrics per instructor and class, including: enrollment total; number of responses; averages of responses for the class; open-ended responses.
- Class/Instructor Comparison: Displays response averages of all 5-point questions, as per selected filters for: the 7 established General questions and, averages for 5-point course and instructor-specific questions. 'Subject Comparison' report (option in drop-down filter): for combined classes that have a single-sponsor subject code, report rolls up average responses for all sections' 5 point questions into the single-sponsor subject code.
Second tab, 'Class/Instructor Comparison Combined Classes' : presents the same information as the Class/Instructor Comparison report, but also displays the Class number and NYU class of the non-sponsor class, if applicable.
- Demo: Instructor Comparative: Demo / Work-in-progress page. Presents rolled-up response-averages for selected 5-point General questions and Instructor (or a selected group of instructors) questions – as compared to their school, department, subject and location.
- Export: Presents all Course Evaluation data that exists in the source tables which are used to create the UDW+ Course Evaluations dashboard. Users who wish to create their own reports outside of UDW+ can export this data for additional analysis.
13 prompt filters allow for the narrowing of results across all dashboard pages. Selected prompts are retained across all dashboard pages, each dashboard page is enabled with a standard set of filters:
- Evaluation Type (mid-term, final)
- Academic Group (school)
- Academic Organization (department)
- Instructor Name
- Instructor N Number
- Class Title (as per class sponsor)
- NYU Class (as per class sponsor)
- Class Number
- Global Location (will roll-up any study abroad type locations)
For some Schools, there is a large amount of data related to Course Evaluation comments, which may result in a potential crash or lapse of data results while using the dashboard. In order to avoid a lapse or crash, users must select an option(s) under the 'Academic Organization' prompt on the following tabs: All Comments; All Responses; Stats and Comments; Averages and Comments.
Important notes about the data:
- Course Evaluation data is sourced from the University's SIS Albert system where evaluations are taken by students per class. Data are refreshed daily from Albert.
- Partial Course Evaluation data results are available in the Dashboard 24 hours after the evaluation period has opened, while complete data will be made available 24 hours after the period closes.
- By default, data will display for the most recent term that has completed an evaluation period. Once data becomes available for a new term, the default term will be adjusted upon the user’s first login.
- All evaluation data is de-identified to ensure the anonymity of students.
Administrators in Global Programs will have access via UDW+ to full course evaluation data for classes offered at all Global Academic Centers, and Site Directors will have access (also via UDW+) to this level of detail only for classes at their site.
- School representatives determine:
- Which classes will be evaluated each term, and
- Define evaluation periods.
Summary of Changes
|1.33||Sept 2018||Enhancement: Trimmed reporting option (sub tabs) added to 6 Dashboard tabs: General, School - Course & Instructor, All Responses, Stats and Comments, Averages and Comments, Class/Instructor Comparison|
|1.32||August 2018||Minor fixes to dashboard analyses|
|1.31||June 2018||Minor update and fix: default term filter updated to Summer 2018; minor fix to midterm questions analysis|
Enhancement: New filter in Dashboard Prompt:'Question'. 'Question' filter allows users to filter results based on specific questions. (Users must select questions that are relevant to the tab they are currently viewing.)
Enhancement: New sub-tab on the Export page: 'Export all.' The new 'Export All' tab contains columns from both the Responses and Stats tables.
|1.29||Jan. 2018||Minor fixes to dashboard analyses|
Enhancement: 'Apply' link, now required to filter results. Click on 'Apply' link to filter results accordingly.
Enhancement: New dashboard page: Export. Presents comprehensive statistical data based on tables used to create most dashboard analyses; all available for export for users who wish to create their own analysis. Statistics about the class sponsor(s), instructor(s), and student(s) responding are available in Export reports. Results display as per selected as per selected filters. Page includes two tabs: Data Export Responses, and Data Export Stats.
Enhancement: New tab in Class/Instructor Comparison Page: Class/Instructor Comparison Combined Classes. For combined classes, presents metrics including combined enrollment total, NYU class, class number, class enrollment total, number of responses & response rate.
Enhancement: New tab in School-Course Instructor Page: School-Course Instructor (Other Metrics). Presents rate distribution responses for additional course and instructor specific questions.
|1.25||Sept 2017||Minor fixes to dashboard analyses|
|1.23, 1.24||August 2017||Minor fixes to dashboard analyses|
Enhancement: New report in Class/Instructor Comparison tab, 'Subject Comparison'. For combined classes that have a single-sponsor subject code, report rolls up average responses for all sections' 5 point questions into the single-sponsor subject code.
Enhancement: New filter prompt Instructor N Number
|1.20, 1.21||May 2017|
Minor fixes to dashboard analyses
Enhancement: New filter prompt Global Location: rolls up any study abroad type locations
Change: Combined class filter prompt removed.
Change: The 7 'Standard' questions are now referred to as 'General' questions; first dashboard tab updated to 'General'; relevant analysis filters and chart titles/labels have been updated to reflect 'General' question set.Enhancement: New column added to Class/Instructor Comparison report: N number
1.14, 1.15, 1.16
Change: The 7 'University-Wide' questions are now referred to as 'Standard Questions'; first dashboard tab updated to 'Standard'; relevant analysis filters and chart titles/labels have been updated to reflect 'Standard' question set.
Enhancement: Response columns expanded for two Pages: Stats & Comments and Averages & Comments.
Enhancement: Location headers added to reports on the following Pages: All Comments, All Responses, Stats & Comments and Averages & Comments.
Other: "Demo" label & work in progress language added to Instructor Comparative Page.
|1.11, 1.12||November 2016|
New Dashboard Page/Tab: Class/Instructor Comparison.
Enhancement: Two new filter prompts added to all Dashboard Pages: Subject & Location.
Enhancement: Additional view selectors added to two pages: 1) can toggle between viewing Stats (only) vs. viewing Stats AND Comments; 2) can toggle between viewing Averages (only) vs. viewing Averages AND Comments
|October 2016||Release to production.|