Allows "same time last year" and "year over year" comparison of headcount and points, as well as entry group and financial clearance information. It contains current data and census data and allows schools to compare where they are today versus where they are at census (actuals to goals comparison). It contains list of entire list of students, including students who are on leave of absence who were not term activated.
The grain of all metrics in the fact folder is One row per student, Degree Level, term and date (for more on dates, please refer to working with Dates Folders). Please note that goals are not by student.
Can be used for year over year analysis, point in time analysis, census reporting, financial clearance reporting and registration actual to goal comparisons.
Preserves daily history related to enrollment/registration status and financial clearance status change.
Data archiving began being collected in February 2015. The earliest archived registration date is 2/17/2015.
Important Use Notes:
What Data is available?
- Goals data starting in Fall 2012 loaded for comparison.
- Entry Group: when a student starts a given career, the entry group attributes are frozen. The Entry Group looks at the student’s: Term, School, Degree Level, New/Continuing Type and CPP. The Registration Pipeline Entry Group information is based on census data and will therefore not match data in the Term Registration subject area. Census Day history starting in 2010.
- Supports full CPP Stack, Housing and Tuition Deposits.
- Includes all students who are on Leave Of Absence (LOA). The LOA population includes students who are term-activated as well as those who are not term-activated.
- Housing data is available starting with the Fall 2018 Term and includes data fields such as: In Housing Flag, Housing Source, Contract Begin / End Date, Check In / Out Date, Building Code and Room Number. Historic data going back prior to Fall 2018 is not available in the Registration Pipeline subject area but can be obtained using direct connection and building queries outside the data model.
What is the difference between the Term Registration and Registration Pipeline Subject Area?
- Term Registration subject area only shows you the latest version of a student’s record. It does not track any event changes (example, a change in Financial Clearance or Registration Type).
- Term Registration is only tracking individuals that have been term activated or eligible to enroll. It does not track the students who are on LOA and do not have a record in the Student Car Term table. The Registration Pipeline does.
Citizenship code, Country and Ethnicity - When using these attributes in OBIEE, please note that he beginning of term view of these attributes will be displayed unless the students term record (Registration, # of credits) has changed since the beginning of the term.
For direct connection users, we do have history of all changes to these attribute in the dimension itself; when joining to the fact, you must match the effective date in the dimension to the desired effective date in the fact. Please see the sample code spinet below for your reference.
- The "Demographics"."Citizenship Country" column in the Reg Pipeline subject area returns multiple values for North Korea: 'Korea, Republic of'; 'Republic of Korea'. The value for the "Demographics"."Citizenship Country Code" column is 'KOR'. The Registrar Office will be contacted as this looks like a data entry issue that needs to be corrected. In the meantime, it is recommended to use the "Citizenship Country Code" column.