NYU HPC resources are available at no charge to full-time NYU faculty and to all other NYU staff and students with full-time NYU faculty sponsorship
- Faculty, students and staff at NYU School of Medicine require the sponsorship of an eligible NYU faculty member to work on the clusters.
- Researchers outside the NYU community will need an NYU faculty sponsor to get an account.
- All sponsored accounts will be created for a period of 12 months, at which point a renewal process is required to continue to use the clusters.
All full-time NYU faculty members (other than NYU Med School) are eligible to become sponsors, and in turn can sponsor:
- NYU Degree program students
- Scholars visiting NYU
- NYU Research staff
- NYU School of Medicine faculty, staff and students
- Other NYU staff/affiliates with a NetID
- Non-NYU researchers with whom they are actively collaborating
HPC faculty sponsors are expected to:
- Approve/disapprove sponsored users' association with you
- Approve/disapprove the purpose for which user is requesting an account on NYU HPC resources
- Agree to supervise the sponsored individual, to the extent necessary, to ensure proper use of the NYU HPC resources and compliance with all applicable policies.
- Respond promptly to account-related requests from HPC staff