We are developing a set of tutorials to help NYU HPC users make the most of the facilities. Tutorials are suitable for self-directed learning and are also periodically run as classes in the library. NYU Data Services also provides tutorials for a range of scientific software - for dates and times of upcoming HPC classes see the calendar on the left, or see NYU Data Services for a wider schedule of classes.
Currently available HPC tutorials are:
Getting started on Mercer - how to login and migrate your workflow from our older clusters onto our newest cluster, Mercer.
The NYU HPC qsub tutorial is also available, covering:
- Declare the date/time a job becomes eligible for execution
- Defining the working directory path to be used for the job
- Manipulate the output files
- Mail job status at the start and end of a job
- Submit a job to a specific queue
- Submitting a job that is dependent on the output of another
- Submitting multiple jobs in a loop that depend on output of another job
- Opening an interactive shell to the compute node
- Passing an environment variable to your job
- Passing your environment to your job
- Submitting an array job: Managing groups of jobs