Every space has its own independent set of permissions.
Space permissions can only be granted by a space administrator. A space administrator has permission to do anything in the space regardless of any other setting.
Permissions can be assigned to any group, to any individual user in the Confluence-User group, and to users in the Anonymous group.
These are the different permissions that can be assigned at the space level:
- View: user can view this space's content, including the space's details, and its pages and news items (blog posts)
- Create – user may create and edit pages in this space.
- Export – user may export pages in this space.
- Restrict – user may apply page-level restrictions.
- Remove – user may remove pages in this space.
- Create – user may add and edit blog posts in this space.
- Remove – user may remove blog posts in this space.
- Create – user may make comments in this space.
- Remove – user may remove comments from this space.
- Create – user may add attachments in this space.
- Remove – user may remove attachments from this space.
- Remove – user may delete individual mail items.
- Export – user may export content from this space.
- Admin – user has administrative permissions over this space.
If you deny all administrative access to a space by mistake, so that nobody has access to administer the space any more, you will need to ask someone in the confluence-administrators group to fix the permissions for you.
Space Administrators and their Permissions
Users and Groups
Viewing Space Permissions
Assigning Space Permissions
Revoking Space Permissions
Take me back to Wikis Help Guide