- When a student starts a given career, the entry group attributes are frozen.
- The business rules for Entry Group are:
- Based on census date and will therefore not match necessary match student term records in the daily subject areas.
- It search for the first entry a student had regardless of NC Type Code (It does not filter by NC type code as "New", as some conversion data does not have "New" entries for students)
The first row that appears for a student if they change Careers, School groups, or Degree Levels.
We will be creating one entry group row for each student/career combination.
We do not have a good way of identifying Dual Degree Program students, so no special logic will be implemented around this.
Data starts in 2010
- The Entry Groups are Defined by the following:
- Degree Level
- New/Continuing Type
Use notesAdditional Notes
- The folder "Entry Group" has been created by adding the SYSADM.RP_D_ENTRY_GRP table as a new dimension into the "SIS - Registration Pipeline" RPD model, joining to the SYSADM.RP_F_REG_PIPELINE_MV table on the STUDENT_SID.
- The Entry Group dimension being tied to Registration Pipeline only by the Student ID means that if you bring in any Entry Group column, without using a term filter, you will see all entry groups a student has ever been a part of.