Currently in Confluence, while it is possible to link to a mail message, the method is a little cumbersome.
You need to edit in 'Wiki Markup' mode to create a link to an email.
To link to an email,
- Go to the 'Browse Space' view.
Go to the 'Browse Space' view. There are two ways to browse a space:
- Go to a page in the space and select the option you want from the 'Browse' menu. The corresponding tab of the 'Browse Space' view will open.
- Or click the Dashboard. The 'Pages' tab of the 'Browse Space' view will open. icon next to the space name on the
- Go to the 'Mail' tab. The mail is displayed in reverse chronological order with a default of 30 email messages per page. Move between pages to locate the message you want to link to.
- Click on the mail message. You will notice in the address bar of your browser that the URL displayed ends in a series of numerals.
- Copy only the numerals.
- Click on the 'edit' tab of the page from which you want to link to the message.
- Paste the numerals between square brackets (as you would when you create any link in Confluence), and then include the dollar sign '$' in front of the numerals.
Here's an example:
Clicking on the link will open up the mail message.
Working with Links
Archiving Mail Overview
Take me back to the Wikis Help Guide.