Table of Contents:
1. Purpose – The Advance to Fame Comparison dashboard is designed to view reconciliations and trace-ability of transactions between Advance and Fame by various chartfield, journal ID, batch ID, and dates. It deals with the updating and correcting of script logic, which builds the gift journal entries, and recording to Fame. Additionally, this dashboard pertains to the development and implementation of a governance process to facilitate and escalate process issues. The data is sourced from WebProd. In Fame and UDW+, gift process runs on a nightly basis with the exception of weekend and holidays, in which case the data would be available the following business day. Agents can send out notifications of new records from Tuesday through Saturday.
2. Target Audience – This dashboard is targeted for those who have access to the Office of Gift Administration (OGA) dashboard pages – Advance to Fame Comparison report and Exception report.
- Exception Report: This report is designed to view report discrepancies between Advanced and Fame systems for pledges and gifts data. Pledges and gifts data transactions originate in Advance and then flow into Fame. Fame is a system of records of all debits and credits. Pledge data will be included from 3/17/2017 and onward.
- Displays and exception when journal ID is null
- Transaction entered in Advance but a different amount posted to Fame (monetary amount in Fame is different from the Advance gift amount).
- Report displays an exception when credit + debit is greater than 0.00.
- Report allows a user to drill into an exception for a specific journal ID/receipt ID.
Please note that the Exception report doesn't include allocations for funds 25 and 75 and it only display exception for a current fiscal year.
- Other Reporting Nuances: When a new exception is identified in a report, an email notification is sent out to the user community (predetermined by OGA office) informing them for a new record.
|Advance||Date Added||This is the date that gift process completed. UDW+ would see the data following business day.|
|NYU_PROCESS_TYPE||This determine a type of transaction, gifts, Gift Reversal, Pledge and Pledge Reversal|
|Tender Type||Method of payment such as Cash, Check, Credit Card, EFT, Payroll Deductions, Securities|
|Transaction Type||Type of Transaction For e.g. Gift, Pledge Payment, or a Secondary Pledge Payment|
|Receipt Id||Receipt ID is same as Journal_Ref_line number which is Fed to Fame. It the Key fields to Join advance and Fame and determine exceptions|
|Batch Id||Gifts are processed in Batches. Each Batch can have multiple receipt IDs.|
|Pledge Number||Typically each Pledge Payment Transaction had associated Pledge number in the exception report. Each pledge has a number associated with it.|
|Pledge Type||Attribute of a Pledge|
|Donor Id||ID associated with a Donor|
|Purpose||The purpose of the transaction|
|Account||Account is Advance if Fund, Org, Program and Project from Fame|
|Allocation||Advance version of Chart of Accounts, it is a free text field and might or might not align with Account in Fame|
|Gift Amount||Gift Amount is a transaction Amount in Advance. Each gift Amount has a corresponding Credit or Debit in Fame.|
|Pledge Secondary Code||For a Pledge, it is a set of code|
|FAME||JRNL_LN_REF||Display a text or a number from the reference field of the journal line.|
|BUSINESS_UNIT||Business Unit associated with a transaction|
|Journal ID||Journal ID is a alphanumeric code identifying a unique transaction on the ledger|
|Debit Account||Debit Account of the gift Transaction|
|Debit Fund||Debit Fund associated with of the gift Transaction|
|Debit Dept||Debit Department associated with the gift Transaction|
|Debit Program||Debit Program associated with the gift Transaction|
|Debit Project||Debit Project associated with the gift Transaction|
|Debit Amount||Debit Amount in Fame corresponds with a gift Amount.|
|Debit Journal Line||Debit Journal line is a unique number identifying a journal line of a given Journal transaction|
|Credit Account||Credit Account of the gift Transaction|
|Credit Fund||Credit Fund associated with the gift Transaction|
|Credit DeptID||Credit Department associated with the gift Transaction|
|Credit Program||Credit Program associated with the gift Transaction|
|Credit Project||Credit Project associated with the gift Transaction|
|Credit Amount||Credit Amount in Fame corresponds with a gift Amount.|
|Credit Journal Line||Credit Journal line is a unique number identifying a journal line of a given Journal transaction|
|Debit + Credit||Debit(Monetary) Amount + Credit (Monetary) Amount|
7. Support – If there is an issue that you would like to report or you have questions about UDW+, please contact the Decision Support Group by email at askDSG@nyu.edu or call 212-998-2900 (extension 82900).
8. Additional Resources – Training is recommended for those who are new to UDW+. To schedule a one-on-one training session, contact the Decision Support Group at 212-998-2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The NYU Business Glossary is a living document that contains commonly used NYU business terms for reference.